2019


It was double celebration for a middle-aged couple from Thika when they summed up the joy of welcoming a newborn baby boy with the exchange of their marriage vows at Thika Level 5 Hospital on Saturday.

Francis Mungai and his lovely bride Veronica Kainu took their vows at the hospital after the management informed them that it was not possible for the bride to leave the facility just two days after delivering a bouncing baby boy through caesarian section.

The couple, who had scheduled to wed at PCEA Umoja Church this Saturday, decided that they would not postpone their plans and so they approached the hospital management who allowed them to go on.

“We had no alternative but to do our wedding here. The doctors told me that my wife was not in a position to go home for the wedding and so I requested them to permit us go ahead with our plans from within the compound,” explained an ecstatic Mungai.

On her part, Kainu thanked God for the double blessings adding that the occasion came to her as a surprise as she had given up hope on the day after she got admitted for delivery.

“I really never expected that this will happen. I am very happy that I delivered safely and we have now crowned the joy of welcoming our newborn son with exchanging our wedding vows. I only have God to thank for everything,” she said.

The couple, who currently reside at Kiganjo Estate, have no immediate plans for a honeymoon and plan to rest for a while.


Investigators believe the suicide bomber who blew himself at DusitD2 Hotel Riverside is 25-year old Mahir Khalid Riziki who was born and brought up in Majengo area of Mombasa town.

The young Al-shabaab operative is said to have been recruited at the Musa Mosque in Mombasa by a Ramadhan Hamisi Kufungwa who is currently in Somalia fighting alongside Al Shabaab and inviting more Kenyan recruits.

According to the Kenya Defense Force (KDF), Mahir sneaked back into the country on January 13th from Somalia where he had been undergoing training since 2018 and linked up with Ali Salim Gichunge, alias Faruk in Muchatha, in Kiambu county.

A CCTV footage of Rizik blowing himself up minutes before his fellow terrorists started shooting randomly at the people in the complex has been circulating online. However, it was impossible to identify him immediately as his body was blown into pieces beyond recognition.

The Dusit complex terror attack left 21 people dead and scores injured. Police managed to evacuate 700 people.

CMC Motors has announced plans to start building a new Renault K-Range truck series at Thika-based Kenya Vehicle Manufacturers (KVM) plant in Thika.

While launching Renault’s new K-range truck series, officials from both CMC Motors and Renault Trucks Africa said that the assembling is slated to begin in June this year with CMC planning to invest around 5 million shillings to make the project a reality.

They have ordered some automotive parts for the new Renault K-Range truck series and would increase their stake in KVM to enable it to assemble more units locally and attract new jobs.

Currently, the government has a 35% shareholding in KVM, with CMC Holdings and D.T Dobie & Company each with a 32.5% stake in the vehicle assembler which started production in 1976.

The new K-range series is specially adapted to the African terrain and conditions and is targeting the construction, mining and heavy machinery industry to drive sales in Kenya and East Africa as they look to expand their regional footprint.

French multinational Renault Trucks is owned by the Volvo Group. The agreement with CMC will give it access to the dealer’s distribution network comprising eight branches across Kenya and a central warehouse in Nairobi.


The Nopia Ride Electric cars already are already in Nairobi.

Though still in its pilot stage, the company will soon acquire between 30-50 more vehicles and  by the end of 2019, they target to have few hundred EVs, which will increase to about 1500 units by the end of 2021.

These modern day electric cars are known to be very efficient and consume much less energy making them one of the environmentally friendly automobiles.

Electric cars get power from the rechargeable batteries installed in them. These batteries are designed to give power over sustained periods of time. There is also a regulator on the batteries, which simply ensures energy amount produced and consumed by the car is constant.

The 3 main components of electric cars are :- Electric motor, Controller and Battery. When you switch on the car, the current is passed from the battery. The controller takes power from the battery and passes it on to the electric motor. The electric motor then converts electrical energy to mechanical energy which then moves the vehicle forward.

Electric vehicles minimize wasted energy by turning the car off when stopped and by charging the battery when braking (regenerative braking). As the electric car moves, the forward momentum generated by the electric motor can be used to charge the batteries when you apply the brakes.

Charging an EV is similar to charging an electronic device. A charging cable is used to supply current to the EV through a public charging station or home charging station. Depending on the size and distance to be covered, an EV needs to be charged at appropriate intervals.

PRESS STATEMENT
For Immediate Release
Nairobi, 10th January 2019
Following my speech in Thika Stadium on the eve of the new year, there has been heated debate in the  country and rising political temperatures which are coming at a very early phase of a new year
On the 4th of January, 2019, I addressed a press conference in Gatundu South and clarified that my speech was directed at Kiambu County Leadership and not His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta. I  have nothing but utmost respect for President Kenyatta with whom I have worked for a long time towards making Kenya a great nation. In that press conference I offered my unqualified apology to the President for any hurt and misconception that my words may have created. I hereby reiterate that  apology to the President and my fellow Kenyans
Despite that apology, I have continued to receive a barrage of personalized attacks from people with  personal and political scores to settle with me. Whereas I have no problem with politicians taking opportunity to revive their dead or collapsing political careers, I am troubled that they are doing it in a manner that is designed to create a rift between myself and the President with whom I enjoy excellent
relations and who is indeed one of the 72,000 voters from Gatundu South who are my defacto employers
Even more ominous, is the very wrong misconception that has been created that I am opposed to the Building Bridges Initiative and the Handshake. I have been very consistent in supporting the BBI and I have traversed many parts of this country including Kakamega, Homa Bay and Kisumu. 

Furthermore there is nothing wrong with the President launching projects in any part of this country. I have similarly sent an invitation to Hon Raila Odinga to come to Gatundu South to come and launch projects there in the spirit of Building Bridges Initiative. It is surprising that those who are accusing me of wrecking the handshake have not contributed in any way to its success. I am a beneficiary of the handshake. 

Since 2007, the only part of Kisumu I could venture into is Kisumu Airport. Thanks to the handshake, I can now freely walk in the streets of Kisumu.
As a country we are at the cross roads of a major decision we have to make to continue being captive to the fears and divisions of the past or to redefine our nationhood with a sense of hope and optimism. If we don’t do this, and due to our troubled history, every thing whether minor or major, whether innocent or otherwise will be taken out of context. We can not live like this. 

The Building Bridges Initiative offers us a historic and unique opportunity to redefine our nationhood. As one who has been at the cross hairs of this conflict even facing criminal charges in the course of defending the Jubilee Government, I will play a very active role in this endeavor. 

I have requested the BBI secretariat to give me a slot to present my views on how we will achieve a new dawn as a nation including a new constitutional dispensation that will make every Kenyan feel they are part of this nation and believe they will share into her prosperity.
At the same time, we are facing momentous challenges especially on the economic front with serious
budgetary, revenue and debt constraints and depressed private sector activity. Our Small Businesses are not accessing credit due to the interest rates cap and our people are really struggling. We can not make this worse through continued political activities and unnecessary distractions. Particularly it is not time to focus on future elections when our economy requires serious work.
It is instructive to note that I was one of the leading figures in the Jubilee campaigns in 2013 and 2017.
The campaign I conducted under the aegis of Mbele Iko Sawa Initiative in 2017 was based on enumerating Jubilee’s sterling development record all over the country including Mt Kenya region. In any case I have keenly listened to leaders like Governors Waititu, Waiguru, Kimemia, Kiraitu and Wa Iria and they are unanimous that there is visible development in their counties. 

I stand guided accordingly and I can not claim to be an authority on their counties more than them 2019 is a watershed year in our country. It is the year we will conduct the census based on biometric technology. It is my firm resolve that the new CRA formula for sharing of resources will be based on an equitable formula that emphasizes on population first and other considerations later. 

The same principle of equity and fairness will be applied for the delimitation of boundaries. The spirit of the handshake should help to redress historical injustices on resource sharing and skewed representation that happened as a result of our divisions of the past.
I want to call upon all Kenyans not to give up on this country. To the youth of this country I say, our problems are not insurmountable. We may point our things that are not going right occasionally but we should never succumb to the forces of negativity, bitterness or perpetual whining. It is within our God
given abilities to resolve our issues. 

This is the generation that will fix our country and the future generations will not forgive us if we do not. 

All we need is positivity, unity, hard work and respect for each and every one including our leaders and more so President Uhuru Kenyatta
Finally I hope this will put this debate to rest. Let’s not talk about development; Let’s go down to our
people and fast track development. This is the duty of all of us especially leaders. 

To those within the executive to whom H.E the President has entrusted the duty of executing his vision for this country, 2019 is the year to work harder to deliver. We can do better especially on the speed of execution of already funded projects. And to those who may have wanted to exploit the current crisis for selfish objectives I also urge you to go back to working for our people. 

I trust that this will put to an end the subtle and not too subtle threats to my life from opportunists, details of which I shared with DCI George Kinoti, a man of immense capabilities and patriotism and who is doing everything possible to investigate the same
God Bless Kenya.
Signed:
_____________
Hon Moses Kuria
MP, Gatundu South.


KCB Foundation will from today kick off the recruitment of beneficiaries into their “2jiajiri” programme across the country.

The recruitment is targeting 3,000 out-of-school youths and 7,000 individuals operating micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).

The 3,000 youths will be trained at various technical training institutions in Nairobi, Embu, Murang’a, Nakuru, Kilifi, Marsabit, Kajiado, Machakos, Siaya, Kiambu, Busia and Kakamega counties while 7,000 individuals will be tapped through KCB Bank branches across the country targeting MSMEs and apprentices.

The KCB Foundation has launched recruitment of beneficiaries for 2jiajiri programme2jiajiri is a flagship programme of the KCB Foundation that seeks to create jobs and wealth through targeted skills development in the informal sector. 

The recruitment is open for scholarships under 2jiajiri as well as the Skills and Enterprise Development project implemented in partnership with the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ).

Interviews will be conducted across the country from 7th to 15th January 2019 after which the successful applicants will commence studies running between three to six months at the respective institutions from 21st January 2019.

Registration application forms are available at selected KCB branches in the listed counties’ participating training institutions or can be downloaded from the KCB Foundation website www.kcbgroup.com/foundation.

Interviews shall  be conducted between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at the respective technical training institutions.

Last month, the KCB Group announced a Sh50 billion commitment towards boosting entrepreneurship in the country over the next five years.

Through KCB Foundation, the lender will use the funds to support entrepreneurs under its 2jiajiri programme.

KCB Foundation Managing Director Jane Mwangi said the biggest challenge for most entrepreneurs is the lack of business support and capital constraints despite their huge potential to create jobs for the youth.
 “We are addressing this challenge and this will allow them to grow and therefore absorb the skilled workforce,” she said.

“We will support the business enterprises through a three-member consultancy team drawn from a pool of university graduates from leading local universities to offer legal, marketing and financial management support,” added Mwangi.

 Philip Musee addressing the AIC Makongeni faithful on Sunday when they presented various issues that have plagued the church for the last couple of years. 

Members of Makongeni African Inland Church (AIC) in Thika on Sunday paralysed church service in protest of “unfair dismissal” of their reverend who they claim was ‘development conscious’.

The faithful stopped any activity within the church for over three hours forcing the regional leadership to convene a crisis meeting to resolve the exit of Rev. James Maluki who has served the church for close to two years.

They claimed that Rev. Maluki was forced to resign by Bishop A.M. Syuma under unclear circumstances.


They gave the regional leadership a maximum of seven days within which they should have reinstated Maluki unconditionally, revoked his resignation letter and commissioned all the 18 elected church elders. They also rejected the ‘illegal’ addition of 4 church elders into the leadership claiming that their inclusion had no blessings of the congregation.

According to Philip Musee who has fellowshipped in the church for over 20 years, the church has been plagued with misappropriation of  funds, allegations of devil worshipping and mismanagement of funds allocated to the church-ran school for about two years.

He said that after their initial protest last year, the then pastors were transferred and a new pastor brought to calm the situation.

“It’s slightly more than one and a half years since reverend Maluki came. Our challenges recurred this year after the AIC national elections. Our regional clergy nullified the election of some of the  individuals we elected and replaced them with their proxies,” said Musee.

He added that their efforts to have their grievances addressed were given a wide berth, culminating to what was witness on this Sunday.


Josephine Nichodemus said that members were just seeking peace by way of ending wrangles saying that they were tired of unwarranted exchanges between leaders who are expected to be role models in the church.

Currently, the church, which enjoys a membership of over 2,000 adherents, is under the leadership of Pastor Jackson Kisenge.

Bishop Syuma appointed Kisenge in an acting capacity according to a letter dated 15th January 2018.

A file photo of students joining Form One. PHOTO COURTESY.

The Ministry of Education has warned that they will not recognize any direct admission of Form One students to secondary schools by school principles outside the National Education Management Information System (Nemis).


In a circular, the ministry said no schools (except sub-county and private institutions) are allowed to issue a letter of admission outside this system, adding that that students whose details will not be captured in Nemis will be deemed not to have joined secondary schools.

Schools must admit students only through Nemis. Any school that may have offered admission to students outside the NEMIS should urgently recall those joining instructions. An Audit will be undertaken at the end of the admission process on the same,” ordered Education PS Belio Kipsang in the statement.

He noted that the letters which will not have been downloaded from the ministry's website will be viewed as illegal documents and will not be used to admit Form One students to secondary schools.
He said once students report to the schools, principals will be required to send the details to the ministry for confirmation.
“Only letters that have been downloaded from the admissions website are valid,” said Dr Kipsang. Ms Mohammed instructed regional, county and sub-county education officers to take action against any national, extra-county or county school that will violate the directive.
Parents seeking placements have also been warned against paying school fees beforehand with the Ministry terming this as illegal and punishable by law.
“Actions will be taken against School Boards that will be found to condone such practice,” PS Kipsang added.
Field officers were also told to ensure 100% transition of pupils from primary to secondary school.
Slightly over 1 million children sat for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education exams in November last year.
Reports indicate that only 31,337 pupils will be admitted to national schools.


ads

Loading...

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.