Header Ads

Woman Burnt Over An SMS Appealing For Financial Aid To Have Her Get Medication.

The family of Pauline Mugure, the woman who was severely burnt with a kerosene stove and boiling soup by her husband in September 2016 last year, is appealing to well-wishers to help her raise funds to cater for her expensive treatment.  

Mugure, who currently in Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH), is calling on Kenyans to assist her raise Ksh. 3million required for skin grafting and plastic surgery.

“My mother is a peasant farmer and has other children to take care of and we are unable to cater for my hospital bills,” said Mugure.  

Mugure who was burnt by her husband in September last year after a disagreement also called on the government to help her find her child who the estranged husband ran away with.

She is now pleading with President Uhuru Kenyatta and his government to come to her aid.   

Her mother, Jane Wanjiku, narrated how she has been struggling with her daughter from one hospital to another due to the doctors’ strike and insufficient fund to pay for medical fees in private hospitals.

“My daughter stayed at the ICU for over two months which was very expensive and we depended on well-wishers to assist us. We don’t sleep because she is in so much pain. I wish doctors could go back to work and help reduce her suffering. I was forced to take her back home and since she was suffering so much, I have been begging people for money. We have used the little amount we have been getting to take her to various hospitals including MP Shah, St. Mulumba and local clinics for dressing,” explained Wanjiku.

Wanjiku who lives in Muthara area Juja Sub-County says that it is really torturous to helplessly see the pain that her daughter is going through.

“We require Ksh. 3million for her reconstructive surgery. We are poor and cannot be able to raise that kind of money,” said Wanjiku.

Anyone willing to assist can send their funds to the Pauline Mugure Nyaga Paybill number 572184 or MPESA number 0798662804.   

Mugure, 20, and a mother-of-one had sustained 20 degree burns and 30% inhalation injury and also developed glottic stenosis—narrowing of the vocal cords. A tracheostomy tube was surgically inserted in her windpipe, through the neck, to create a hole that helps her breathe.

She remained in a coma for almost a month and a half after being admitted at the hospital.

After this ugly incident, Mugure’s husband, Francis Kimani fled with their 2 year old daughter.
Kimani, a bodaboda operator, is alleged to have burned her after he saw a text message from another man in her phone.

“He had come home with meat and while I was cooking it he took my phone and found a text message in which a male friend had invited me for a cup of tea. We quarreled and after a few minutes he picked the stove, threw it at me and it exploded on my upper body,” Mugure said in an earlier interview.

The mother of one was then taken to Thika Level 5 Hospital and later referred to Kenyatta National Hospital, where she remained in a coma for almost a month and a half. When the doctors’ strike started on December 5th 2016, Mugure was discharged and asked to go heal at home.

Consolata Muuru, a Good Samaritan who lost her daughter from domestic violence, came to her rescue and took her to MP Shah Hospital.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.