Header Ads

7-Year Old Boy From Thika Stranded In India, Seeking Sh5m To Help Son Get Cancer Treatment.

The family of seven year-old George Mbugua is appealing to well-wishers to come to their rescue to have their son get medical attention after the hospital he had been admitted in India threw them out for lack of money.

In March this year, Mbugua was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma; a condition characterised as cancer of the bones.  They left the country for treatment in India with his father Samson Mwangi hoping for a solution to his problem.

However, their journey of hope turned into a nightmare after the hospital they had been booked in denied them treatment and threw them out for lack of money.

The two are now stuck in an Indian hotel whose bill by last week stood at Sh. 34,560.

“They neither have money for treatment nor upkeep at the hotel. My worry is the hotel might also decide to throw them out,” says Esther Wanjiru, Mwangi’s wife.

Wanjiru remembers how the journey of hope now turned nightmare started.

One Sunday afternoon during the August holidays, Mbugua got involved in an accident while riding his bike.

“We thought it was a normal bicycle injury and we took him to hospital,” said Wanjiru, who works as a store clerk at Career Direction Ltd in Thika.

X-ray tests revealed he had Osteosarcoma and the only option left was amputation. Not ready for that, the family sought a second opinion to find out whether their son could be treated without having his leg amputated.

The family was linked to BLK Hospital in India where they were advised the boy could be treated without necessarily cutting the leg.

On March 10, father and son flew to India and was admitted to BLK Hospital.

Hospital tests revealed the disease had spread to the boy’s lungs and other parts of the body, therefore he required prolonged treatment. This called for more money to enable the boy undergo 12 cycles of chemotherapy and have surgery and bone marrow transplant done.

Once their Sh800,000 was depleted, they were thrown out of the hospital and the medication stopped.
While out in the cold, a well-wisher sponsored the boy’s second chemotherapy at another hospital, Artemis Hospital. The hospital is demanding Sh5 million to resume treatment.

“We are requesting well-wishers to help us out of this situation,” says Wanjiru.
(Source Standard Media)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.