Header Ads

Family In Urgent Appeal To Raise Sh. 196,000 To Bail Out Toddler From Mortuary.

Brayden's grandmother Mary Njeri (left) and mother Milka Njoki are appealing to well-wishers to help them bail out his body from KNH mortuary for burial. (Inset) Baby Brayden in a file picture.

A grieving family in Kiandutu Slum, Thika West Sub-County whose kin’s body has been held at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) morgue for close to one month over an unpaid medical bill is appealing for help.

The body of one year old Brayden Kiringa has been detained by the KNH administration over a hospital bill amounting to sh. 196,000 after his 26-year old mother Milka Njoki was unable to raise the fees.

Through the help of family, friends and well-wishers, Milka has so far managed to pay shs.30,000 out of the outstanding amount but their pleas to have the hospital waive the remaining amount have fallen on deaf ears, accusing the bereaved family of reluctance to settle the bills.

“They have made it clear that they will not release the body of my son until we clear the bill. The money we have raised so far is not enough to clear the bill, pay up any mortuary fee that will have been accrued at the time of collection as well as cater for funeral expenses. For the last three weeks, we have been trying to mobilise some of our friends and even sought funding from the local leaders but their contributions fell short of our expectations to offset the hospital bill,” said Milka.

This family possesses no assets that can be used as collateral or even sold to raise such a huge sum of money. Milka survives on hawking ‘mtumba’ cloths within the Thika estates as her mother, Mary Njeri is a housewife.

Brayden passed away on 18th November 2016 while undergoing treatment at the Kenyatta National Hospital and his body has been lying in the mortuary since then.

According to his mother, on the 11th November 2016, developed a condition that caused him to start paralysing from the limbs upwards. He was rushed to Thika Level 5 Hospital where he was admitted for two days before being transferred to KNH’s ICU unit on the 14th of November. He passed on that same week, Friday the 18th.

The hospital management have informed them that they can only get a waiver if the body stays at the morgue for about three months.

They are now reaching out to well-wishers, friends and all to help us raise the remaining amount of sh. 166,000 for them to be able to rest his soul in peace.

I appeal to well-wishers to put our heads together and help. Let’s do it for this young mother whose heart is bleeding for her deceased son. Any amount no matter how small is appreciated and God will bless you,” appealed the deceased grandmother.

Well-wishers could contact Milka on cellphone number 0710910724.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.