Header Ads

Seven Suspects In Police Custody Over Boy Kelson’s Kidnap.

A happy ending for the Kelson Kimani's family as they received their son at the Thika Police Station on Tuesday night.

Seven kidnapping suspects that prompted public outcry on Friday evening have been arrested and the 4 year old Kelson Kimani who had been taken, found alive and unharmed.

The suspects, five women and two men, were arrested in Kasarani area, Nairobi as they were attempting to transfer the victim to another destination.

Kiambu Police Commander Adial Nyange the boy had been held in Ruaka, Kiambaa Constituency but on suspicion that they were being trailed the suspects attempted to transfer the boy to Mwiki Kasarani Constituency where they were intercepted before they could board a vehicle.

“The boy has been moved to various places and we got a lead that they were about to move the boy from Ruaka to Mwiki. We managed to intercept them near Kasarani as they were boarding a vehicle to Mwiki,” said Nyange.

A taxi driver and a woman were among those arrested in the operation.

The Commander added that it was a very complicated exercise that involved police from Thika, Kiambu and Nairobi combining forces with the Flying Squad and the Special Crime Prevention Unit.

He thanked the members of the public as well as the media for all the support and prayers they needed. He was happy that thugs never hurt the boy and as they found him, Kelson was in a jovial mood.

However, Nyange noted that three other suspects were still at large and they were following crucial leads that would lead to their arrest.

“There are three suspects still at large but luckily their identities are known to us. It is just a matter of time before we apprehend them,” he said.

He warned the members of public to be more vigilant in their areas of residence as some of the people they lived with might be criminals.

“Take note of the person you are talking to and those you let into your premises. Make sure you know who your neighbours are. Please notify the police of any suspicious characters within your area,” he warned.

Speaking at Thika Police Station as they were being handed over their son, Kelson’s father Johnson Wambugu Kimani thanked the police for the good work, all those who gave the family hope, those who prayed for his safe return and the media who made sure that Kelson’s story reached as many people as possible.

Kelson’s mother, Catherine Nyambura explained how the criminals attempted to extort sh. 2.2m from the family in return for his release but they had not yet sent any cash before they received the good news of the boy’s safe rescue from the police.

“Today we were almost losing hope. At around 4pm this afternoon, the suspects called us and warned us that our efforts to use the social media to trace their son was all in vain. They then sent us a photo of our son crying after beating him up. They were demanding sh. 2.2 million for his release but after renegotiating with them, they agreed to reduce the ramp sum to sh. 2 million,” she said.

Kelson was abducted by unknown gunmen in Section 9 Estate Thika by a gang of four after terrorising his family and robbing them of money.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.