Header Ads

Five Suspects Arraigned In A Thika Court In Connection To Kelson Kimani’s Kidnapping.

Five suspects were today arraigned before a Thika Court over their alleged involvement in the kidnap of 4-year Kelson Kimani from Section 9, Thika.

The accused, Jacinta Nduta Mburu, Patrick Njoroge Themba, Faith Nyambura Kamwaru Monica Ndunge Mululu and John Kibiru Ndung’u were charged with robbery with violence contrary to Section 296 (2) of the Penal Code and kidnapping a minor on the 6th of January 2017.

According to a sworn affidavit presented before Principal Magistrate Benson Ireri by Investigative Officer James Gitonga, four men armed robbed the home of Catherine Nyambura Njenga and stole sh. 300,000 before kidnapping Kelson Kimani.

The police asked the court for more time to hold the suspect so as to collect more evidence from the so necessary to assist them catch up with the prime suspects who were still at large. They also argued that the weapons used in the crime had not yet been recovered.

The court detained the suspect for five days before hearing of the case on the 6th of February 2017.

On Friday evening, at around 6:30pm four gunmen armed with pistols raided Kimani's home, terrorised the family and stole money believed to be the proceeds of the family day's business sales. They demanded for more cash before taking off with the four year old to an unknown destination after the family failed to raise more cash.

Nyambura claimed that they started demanding a Sh2.2 million ransom before settling on a figure of Sh. 2 million.

Images of the kidnapped boy had been shared widely as the aggrieved family pleaded with the kidnappers not to harm him.

Among the suspects is a neighbour of the Kimanis, who is believed to the mastermind.

Kimani was rescued in Kasarani area in Nairobi Tuesday evening and three suspects arrested as they moved him from Ruaka to Mwiki in an operation that was jointly conducted by Thika and Kiambu police officers, officers from the Special Crimes Prevention Unit and the Flying Squad. He was re-united with his parents four days after he went missing from his family’s home.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.