Header Ads

Thika Police Rescue Boy Kidnapped In Kabati 2 Weeks Ago.

James Muiruri, Evanson Kiguru's father talking o the press about their ordeal with the kidnappers.
Thika police have rescued a nine year old boy from the hands of criminals who kidnapped him on his way to school two weeks ago.

Officers drawn from the flying squad, special crime prevention and the CID stormed a house posh house in Kisii Estate Thika where Evanson Kiguru Muiruri was being held by his four kidnappers.

Kiguru, a pupil at St Veronica Elite School in Kabati, Murang’a County was kidnapped by the four men who were in a White Saloon car registration number KAR as he headed to school on October the 14th. The criminals sped off towards Nairobi when teachers who saw the incident and started raising alarm.

According to the boy’s father James Muiruri, he received a call from his son’s teacher who informed him what had transpired.

Muiruri said that since then the criminals have been calling him demanding a Sh50 million ransom to release the boy but they only managed to raise Sh25,000.

“We sent them the money we got but they returned it to us warning us that we were joking with our son’s life. We’ve been having sleepless nights since our son was kidnapped and again we could not afford the money they were demanding,” Muiruri said.

He claims to have pleaded with them not to hurt or kill my child and promised to give them the money once they raised the amount.

Detectives were able track the criminals’ hideout in a rented house in Kisii Estate in Thika.

While speaking to the press, neighbours claimed that the house was previously occupied by a pastor who left after realising that it was built on a road reserve. They argued that security in the area had deteriorated and criminals were turning the area into hiding dens.

“Police officers must raise their game and flush out all criminals from this area. We don’t want our estate to be turned into a hiding den for thugs and criminals,” said resident Mary Waigwe.

Thika OCPD Erastus Muthamia said that police acted on intelligence reports and a tip-off from locals about suspicious people in the area. He said that they arrested three of the culprits and shot one of them as he tried to escape. The injured is admitted to Thika level Five Hospital while his accomplices were taken to Makuyu police station waiting to be arraigned at Kigumo law courts on Friday.
Police also recovered sim cards, blankets, and food stuff from the house.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.